Mentoring in Sweden
What are the Benefits of Mentoring?
Benefits for Mentors:
- Mentors benefit from the mutual exchange of professional and personal support.
- Mentoring provides mentees with enhanced coaching— someone to talk to regarding issues, concerns and developmental objectives.
- Mentors receive insight into the issues facing other pilot communities, from other regions
- Mentoring provides an opportunity to build critical interpersonal skills and it encourages individual ownership.
- Mentors gain the opportunity to share their knowledge and skills in developing other pilot communities
Benefits for Mentees:
- Mentees gain a better understanding of what is expected to advance towards self-sufficiency (e.g., specific behaviours and skills).
- Mentoring enhances interpersonal and coaching skills that are important leadership success factors.
- Mentees can gain increased exposure to pilot communities (mentors) who have experience in a certain technology that they are interested in and in turn reduce climate change impacts
- Mentees receive insight into other pilot communities’ culture, structure and objectives through their Mentors